Wednesday 25 September 2013

Sing it!

I'm a big fan of Disney movies. The innocence of the plot lines, the fact that, in a violent world, there are still movies without the sex, strong language and violence. They are also usually brilliantly animated, and just make you feel so much better after watching them. There is just one thing that baffles me: why must everyone always sing about everything? And no-one bats an eye while it's happening! If I were to try that in the real world (well, apart from the fact that I sing about as well as a bullfrog) people would lock me up for being out of my mind! Can you imagine the situation? In an office environment, walking over to the printer to collect a document that I've just attempted to print, only to realise that the printer is out of ink. What to do? I know! I'll burst into song for no apparent reason!



A movie that sums this weirdness up perfectly, is Enchanted. It is ironically a Disney movie, but where they make fun of the fact that people randomly burst into song at inappropriate moments. My favourite scene in the entire film is where Prince Charming finds his princess, starts singing about how glad he is and then gets run over by a whole group of cyclists. THAT's the way it's supposed to go! My favourite movie line of all time also originates in this movie. It is where Prince Charming finally gets to belt out his love for the princess, and the male lead character mumbles to himself "Oh good, he sings too." I have shamelessly adopted that line, and mumble it at least once while watching any Disney movie, much to my Lovely Companion's chagrin.

I guess I'll never understand Disney's logic, and maybe I'm not supposed to. Maybe I'm just supposed to sit back, relax, grab the popcorn and enjoy the show....

No comments:

Post a Comment