Monday 4 January 2016

A New Year has Arrived

And so another year has come and gone. We have officially said goodbye to 2015. Everyone celebrated New Year's Eve in their own way. Some celebrated it like this.....

Whereas others, including me, celebrated it like this......


While I appreciate that there is quite a bit of excitement at the thought of a new year, it is not as if that new year will stop happening if you do not stay awake to usher it in. Don't get me wrong, I completely understand celebrating the arrival of a new year, one with its own challenges and opportunities. A time for new beginnings and exciting new things. But I can still celebrate it in the morning after a good night's sleep, instead of sitting around with bleary eyes and a massive hangover.

This is also the time of the year where we set ridiculous goals for ourselves, goals that we know that we will not reach. A friend of mine sent me a post saying "I'm opening a gym called Resolutions. It will have exercise equipment for the first two weeks and then it turns into a bar for the rest of the year." So instead of setting goals that are way out there, I'm just going to do this.....



No comments:

Post a Comment