Sunday 20 December 2015

Tis the Season to be Jolly

Another year has passed and Christmas is fast approaching. A time for family, fun and feasting. And also for decorating a random plastic tree and telling children that if they behave, a fat old guy will break into their home and leave gifts under said plastic tree. Normally if a random old fat man gives children gifts we all wonder what he is up to, and if he tries to enter our homes uninvited and unannounced we call the police/neighbourhood watch/security company/Swat team.
Now in theory we celebrate Christmas as a reminder of the birth of Jesus Christ, the Son of God, but I struggle to find any reference to brightly lit plastic trees with colourful decorations and a pedophilic old guy in a red suit that sneaks into houses in my Bible. So I do not celebrate with plastic trees filled with so many flashing lights that it classifies as a fire hazard. No, I celebrate by thanking God for another year gone by. I celebrate by spending time with friends and family and reminding myself how truly blessed I really am. I celebrate by remembering the birth of our Saviour, and the ultimate sacrifice that He made for me.
This Christmas I wish you only the best. May your day be filled with good memories, with family and friendship. May it be a blessed day. If someone inevitably puts on the Boney M Christmas album (which turns everyone into people-hugging Christmas zombies) then just enjoy it. And if you spot a creepy old guy in a red suit trying to give something to your child, then punch him squarely in his jolly red nose....

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    An Thái Sơn với website anthaison.vn chuyên sản phẩm máy đưa võng hay máy đưa võng tự động tốt cho bé là địa chỉ bán máy đưa võng giá rẻ tại TP.HCM và giúp bạn tìm máy đưa võng loại nào tốt hiện nay.

    ReplyDelete