Monday 12 August 2013

The Time has Arrived!

Finally, after months of waiting, our little one has made her debut! With a full head of dark hair and the cutest face, she's already a heartbreaker! I opted to get a private room in the hospital with my lovely companion, so that I could be by her side and share the experience with her during her stay. I was just rather confused about how the hospital operates. Apparently sleeping is not allowed, or they practice some form of Chinese Sleep Deprivation Torture there. Almost hourly someone would bustle into our room to clean up, provide medication, take my lovely companion's blood pressure or offer us a refreshing beverage. While I realise that most of this is necessary, I don't quite grasp the concept of being woken up at 4 in the morning for tea. It is still dark, my lovely companion and I are sleeping, more importantly, the little one is FINALLY sleeping, and suddenly the lights are turned on, someone is tapping you on the shoulder and offering you tea. We tolerated a day or two of this before my lovely companion's patience ran out, and she told the tea lady what would happen if we were EVER woken up for tea at 4 in the morning again! The tea lady had this reaction....

....and we never saw her again. When we wanted tea or coffee I had to go and ask one of the nurses or go purchase it from the kiosk.

But apart from the funnies with the hospital staff we thoroughly enjoyed experiencing our little one for the first time. And the enjoyment still continues! There are times where some frustration sets in, especially if the little one has an ache or pain somewhere but can't tell you about it. It's amazing how, even though we've only known her for a short time, we'd already walk through broken glass for her. Now I must just get used to one thing..........The Dirty Nappy!

No comments:

Post a Comment