Wednesday 17 August 2016

The Truth in Advertising

The other day I was browsing around on a site that sells new and used cars. Eventually I found myself admiring a convertible version of the new Ford Mustang. But among the usual features like air conditioning, power steering and anti-lock braking, some rocket scientist added "sunroof". Now, I am pretty sure that when you put the roof down, yes, you will have sun. But I don't quite think he knew what a sunroof actually is. Then, in another classified section, I saw an advert for a matric farewell dress. The picture showed a smiling girl wearing said lovely dress. But the description said "never been worn". After shaking my head at the sheer absurdity of it I decided to see what other advertising fails are out there. I was not disappointed....











We truly do live in a very strange world!

No comments:

Post a Comment