Thursday 8 October 2015

A Challenging Task

So I read recently that the mark of a good writer is the ability to write about pretty much anything. A really good writer can take a boring topic like toenails or slightly green moss and turn it into something informative and amusing. That gave me an idea. I selected a few of my more avid readers and sent them a message, asking them to come up with strange and unusual ideas for my next blog post. Obviously topics that were overtly sexual, racist or blasphemous would be discarded. As would anything that has to do with Justin Bieber, and I would probably block the person who suggested him. Soon my inbox was absolutely flooded with a suggestion. Yip, just one. The topic? My future brother-in-law's basset hound. Thankfully I decided not to give up, and received a few verbal suggestions. My original plan was to put all the topics I received in my inbox to a vote, and then pick the most popular one. Seeing as I only received one written suggestion, I have decided to rather take all the suggestions that I have received (written and verbal) and blog about them in the coming weeks. I have also decided to blog about them in the order that they were suggested, so next week Monday you can sit back, relax and read the gripping tale of one man's best friend. Or as I like to call him......The Tongue!

No comments:

Post a Comment